ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
YVR, LAX, JFK, YUL, EWR, YYZ
You are passionate about product promotions and you see yourself as actively building a portfolio that tells a compelling story about your sales skills. You can positively, and often with humour and wit influence passersby towards a buying decision. You are self-directed and can sustain an enthusiastic energy level to confidently demo food and beverage specialties. You thrive in settings that set a standard and are a team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude; you are adaptable, dependable and have excellent presentation skills. You have excellent English language skills and conversations language skills in Mandarin. If these expectations are a fit for you then we welcome you to apply for a position at YVR Duty-Free Stores promoting a collection of leading brands at Canada’s 2nd busiest airport.
This is a part-time position. Anticipated shifts are up to 3- 5 days per week and hours are typically 10 am – 2 pm or 10 pm to 2 am.
Our client is World Duty-Free Group Vancouver they currently operate 11 retail locations at YVR including the largest airport Duty-Free Store in Canada. You will be assigned to sell a variety of specialty brands at World Duty-Free Group YVR – located at the Vancouver International Airport.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selling: Engaging customers to sample & purchase a product while demonstrating excellent service
- Marketing: Promoting product features and building brand awareness and recall.
- Ensuring the demo area meets or exceeds Brand and Retailer’s requirements.
- Customer Experience: Inspiring a helpful, friendly, sincere customer experience using professional language and accurately representing the brand and communicating the unique selling proposition.
- Maintaining professional presentation standards as set by the Brand and the Retailer. Product / Stock management: Maintaining stock levels of promotional items
- General and Team: Referring to store supervisors and to team members in a supportive manner. Being familiar with store layout and directing customers to merchandise, services and facilities as appropriate.
- Post-Secondary enrolment or completion in Business, Sales or Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential responsibilities· Mandarin fluency is a definite requirement· English language fluency both written and verbal, working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- High energy level and positive approach to job and group responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 15Kgs and ability to stand for 4-5 hour shift durations
- Authorization to work in Canada
- Serving It Right Certificate, Food Safe 1
- General Sales & Customer service experience is a definite asset with a track record for meeting / exceeding sales.
Please apply through the online process and be prepared to bring copies of ‘Serving it Right’ and ‘Food Safe 1’ as well as completed Post-Secondary Credentials (if available). No phone calls, please.
We will continuously be screening and interviewing candidates. We are anticipating the projected start day will be June 1st / July 1st. Thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.